Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a cutting-edge treatment for treating injuries or conditions of the hip. PRP is a concentrated portion of the patient's own blood which has a higher concentration of platelet and vital growth factors which both help in repairing injured tissue. Additionally, platelets contain Vitamin K which plays a major role in the formation of blood clots which also help in the healing process.
PRP has shown promise in stimulating repair of body tissues including tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
Some of the hip conditions treated with PRP include:
- Iliotibial band tendinitis (IT Band Syndrome)
- Hip flexor (psoas) tendinitis and bursitis
- Greater trochanteric bursitis
- Labrum tears
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Cartilage damage in the hip joint